Olympic Athlete Information
Event Date & Location
Sunday, June 24, 2018
Cummings Beach, 440 Shippan Ave, Stamford, CT 06902
Parking on Race Day
Parking will be available at Cummings Beach, but entry and departure will be limited when the races are in session. Print your parking pass here. Pass must be displayed at all times when parked in Cummings Park.
HMF Age Requirement for Duathlons & Triathlons: Participants must be 16 to participate in the swim portion of the event, at least 14 years of age to participate in the bike portion and at least 12 years of age to do the run portion as a team member. The Hartford Marathon Foundation offers USAT sanctioned duathlons and triathlons and follows the USAT’s rules for “age up” which calculates an athlete’s age based on December 31 in the year he/she was born.
Participate as an Individual
Ready to accomplish a personal challenge for a great cause? The Navigators Stamford KIC IT Triathlon is just the event for you! Take on the Olympic Triathlon by completing all three legs of the triathlon: 1.5k (.9 mile) swim, 40k (24.8 mile) bike and 10k (6.2 mile) run.
Participate as a Relay Team
Gather together a swimmer, biker and runner and compete as a relay team! Relay teams can be comprised of 2 or 3 members; each completing 1-2 of the event legs. Team members exchange the timing chip inside the transition area. If you are looking for teammates, post on our Facebook page to find someone!
How to Register as a Relay Team
Relay team captains will create their team. Relay team captains can also register the entire team OR relay team members can register themselves once their relay team captain registers the team.
Triathlon Club Cup Challenge
Is your triathlon club the best? When registering, reference your triathlon club (if your club is not listed, please list it). Triathlon club members from both the Olympic and Sprint races will count toward the Triathlon Club Cup.
Online registration will close on Tuesday, June 19 at 10 a.m. After that date, there will be no additional online registration (except for the 5K). There will be in-person registration at Packet Pick-up, Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the event weekend.
Packet Pick-Up and Expo
Location: Cummings Beach
Friday, June 22: 5:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.: ALL RACES
Saturday, June 23:
6:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.: KIDS TRIATHLON ONLY
8:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.: 5K
10:15 a.m.-2:00 p.m.: OLYMPIC & SPRINT TRIATHLON
Sunday, July 24: 5:30 a.m.-6:30 a.m.: OLYMPIC & SPRINT TRIATHLON
Neoprene booties are considered part of a wetsuit and would be legal to wear anytime wetsuits are legal. Swim-socks/booties are legal at any temperature as long as they do not provide flotation.
We ask all swimmers (both relay and individuals) to get in a minimum a 10 minute warm up swim prior to the start of the race. This new protocol is intended to give you a proper warm up as well as acclimate your body to the water temperature.
Parking on Race Day
Parking will be available at Cummings Beach, but entry and departure will be limited when the races are in session. More information will be posted closer to race day.
Awards Presented (Sprint, Olympic & 5K)
- Top 3 overall male and female finishers
- Top 3 male and female finishers in each age of the following age categories: 19 & Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 & 80+. Age Group will be calculated based on December 31, 2018 age, per USAT guidelines.
- Top male and female finishers in the Aqua/Bike
- Top 3 Clydesdale and Athena
- Triathlon (men 220+ lbs) (women 165+ lbs)
- 5K (men 200+ lbs) (women 150+ lbs)
- Top Relay Team
- Top Tri-Club Team (combined Olympic & Sprint participants)
- Top Fundraiser (combined Olympic, Sprint & 5K participants)
All Tri-Club teams will be scored according to the following:
- Points will be awarded in descending order from 1st – 5th place according to the individual’s overall finish in the respective gender and age group category.
- 1st Place – 6
- 2nd Place – 5
- 3rd Place – 4
- 4th Place – 3
- 5th Place – 2
- ½ point will be awarded to each finisher outside of 5th Place.
- All team members must be registered as a team prior to race start to count in team scoring; no members can be added after the race.
- Relay teams count as an individual and earn points based on their finish in the relay categories.